India Avenue Investment Management is an outstanding Australian fund manager headed up by Mugunthan Siva – the team is doing a great job. Few external managers dig as deep into India as they do.
Their recent “India Grassroots Tour” to Mumbai/Pune provided many valuable insights including:
- The fundamental tailwinds for India remain in place
- Listed corporates likely to see strong earnings growth over the next 2-3 years as demand/capex pick up (from a low base)
- Some Indian businesses, like Bharat Forge exporting more to a global audience, allowing a broader use of capacity
- Meeting a savvy billionaire founder of a corporate gave us some insights on India’s corporate culture
- Infosys’s campus in Pune was phenomenal. A great place for tomorrow’s tech heads to work. Sports facilities, restaurants etc.
- Meeting the Central Bank and discussing India’s Banking issues. Whilst issues exist, broadly the financial system remains secure
- Some of India’s bright fund managers present with strong clarity of thought and a thorough understanding of their ecosystem – a huge advantage for investing in Indian stocks
India Avenue Investment Management provides unique insights into investing in India and explain in detail how they go about it. I continue to be interested in their progress and recommend you take a look too. There is a lot of good information on their website.