To understand what a great long-term opportunity India is, consider these facts:
- The numbers are on your side: 564 million below the age of 20
- The middle class is growing: 600 million growing middle-class, saving rates have tripled in last 12 years
- The mindset is right: adaptability, competitive, entrepreneurial, believes in “learning, earning and spending”
- Challenges lead to opportunity: mainly in areas such as transport and agricultural infrastructure, medical, power generation & distribution, education, healthcare
- Eating and drinking is changing: food & Beverages: food processing, food packaging, food warehouse and transport, health drinks
- Homes are stylish: home decor products, kitchenware essentials, bed and bath
- Paying for Healthcare: diagnostics and testing, medical equipment, health supplements, clean air and water products
- Consultancy Services are flat out: engineering, business development, product development, security analysis, accounting
- Infrastructure is big ticket: waste management, solar and wind technologies, temperature-controlled warehouses, air and noise pollution control technologies, towing trucks, and automated parking lot equipment.
- “Franchising” is popular: Top sectors with franchising opportunities are Education and Healthcare due to a huge mismatch between supply and demand now and in the coming years
Time to find your niche in India?